About Crescent Health:
At Crescent, we're building the world's first personal trainer for your sleep. We're combining human ingenuity & expertise with the most advanced research & analytics, to help more individuals unlock better performance and wellbeing through improved sleep. We're translating the latest science and research into reality, unlocking the mysteries of optimal sleep, and building the future of sleep health.
We're a small, fast growing startup & are hiring engineers who can help accelerate our trajectory. We're looking to hire people who excel in a fast paced environment & are eager to have immediate impact & ownership.
We’re changing the way the world sleeps -- and we need individuals who are ready to join us on this mission!
What we're looking for:
The full-stack engineer is responsible for building features across our coaching and analytics platforms. You’ll be working closely with our product, coaching and research team, and designing and developing features and experiences to enhance and optimize our members' sleep quality and energy, and improving people's health and happiness by changing the way they sleep.
We're looking for a talented, entrepreneurial engineer who is Frontend leaning in their technical skills to develop creative approaches to visualize sleep and health data, and additional programs, services, and content around this data. We are looking for someone with a high bar for product quality, and a passion for health tech and wellness.
- Build the first-ever personal trainer for sleep health and recovery
- Join our rapidly growing, interdisciplinary team of engineers, scientists, and expert coaches, and have a significant impact across the product, design, engineering and the company’s growth
- Lead and own projects within the Crescent engineering team, such as analytics, coach tooling, etc
- Design new experiences and features around sleep enhancement -- you’ll be building cutting-edge, robust set of features that support our members towards better sleep
Qualifications & Skills:
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, with strong CS fundamentals and Mobile Engineering best practices
- Strong experience in maintaining your own code while working with apps
- Experience working in consumer health, and digital health (Strongly preferred)
- Experience in a research and development setting (Optional)
- Experience working with a small team of engineers in a fast-paced, unstructured setting
- Experience working with multiple 3rd party APIs
- Data visualization experience
- Intro chat with Jason (30 minutes) You'll first talk with Jason on a 30 minute call; you won't need to prepare anything in advance. We would love to hear your story, where you're aiming to go, and understand if we can be helpful in that journey. In exchange, we'll share how we came to be, and who we are. We can talk over Zoom or grab a coffee somewhere in SF Bay Area.
- Chat with a future teammate (30-45 minutes) The purpose is to give you a thorough overview of our current efforts. You'll get to ask questions and we'd also love to hear about your sweet spot and interests within the areas we are working on.
- 2-week paid take home project + Demo (14 days + 45 minutes) We'll provide a project (usually around a week's worth of engineering time) to assess your craftsmanship and problem solving approach. After finishing the project you'll demo it to Jason.
- Meeting the Crew (30 minutes)
Finally, we'll get one person from every team to one (virtual) room to touch base one last time before making a final decision. Usually, these discussions are more casual and getting a feel of how working together would feel like in the future.
How to apply 🌟
- Short intro why you think Crescent would be a great next step in your journey 🗺
- Link to your Github, Linkedin profile, or CV